The Daynamica app enables the collection of detailed activity and behavior data from a larger number of users and over much longer time periods than existing methods.
Advantages of using Daynamica for data collection include:
- Comprehensive data. Daynamica captures many more dimensions of travel behavior data than either travel surveys or GPS sensing alone.
- Lower respondent burden. Because it automatically collects data on several trip attributes, Daynamica puts a much lower time burden on respondents compared to traditional travel survey methods. In addition, respondents do not need to carry or use any additional devices if they already own a smartphone.
- More accurate data. Because users are able to see trip information derived from the sensor data before entering additional trip information, Daynamica minimizes user recall bias or reporting errors.
- Richer data. Lower user burden could allow agencies/researchers to lengthen the time studied from a typical day to a week or more, thus allowing analysis of the differences between weekdays and weekends or other variations.
- Reduced post-processing and costs. Daynamica collects and processes data in real time and locally on the smartphone, which reduces the need for post-processing by researchers and organizations.
Wearable sensor integrations
We can work with you to build custom integrations that capture data from wearable sensors, link it with data from the Daynamica app, and store it securely on the cloud.